What You Need
-Mason jar of whatever size (wide mouth are usually best for planters)
-Some type of plant or succulent
-Extra potting soil
-Spray paint (or acrylic paint, but spray paint works/looks better)
What to Do:
1. Wash your mason jar and let dry.
2. Find an area where you can spray paint. If need be, cover the ground with a tarp/newspaper.
3. Spray paint the outside of the mason jar! You can even use multiple colors if you want :)
4. Let the jar dry completely.
5. Use the sandpaper to "distress" the spray paint. I usually focus on the letters on the jar, and then a couple of areas around that.
6. Transplant your succulent to the jar (this is where the wide mouth comes in handy). Use plenty of extra soil to make sure the plant sticks above the top of the jar.
7. Display as super cute room decor! :D
|You all planting your succulents ;)|
What do you use mason jars for? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake to never miss a post!
Jenna the Mason Jar Hoarder