1. Find Facebook events - I know this isn't a date idea in particular, but searching on Facebook events by location is an awesome way to find random things to do! You can also filter the search by topic/activity, so it is an essential when looking for fun dates :)
2. Attend a festival of sorts- There are so many types of festivals from music to sustainability themed, so hit up local festivals in your area... This is definitely a unique experience as all festivals have a different vibe.
3. Seek out a local theater production - Even if the production isn't top quality, some local theater companies actually produce amazing performances! I totally recommend hitting up any community theater as it is way cheaper than Broadway.
4. Embrace the weather and hike - Getting in tune with nature will allow you to connect with your significant other on a deeper level :)
5. Hit up the zoo! - What is better than animals? ;)
6. Go on a thrift store/yard sale scavenger hunt - Set a price limit (like $10-20) see who can find the best items for the budget! You could even limit it to a category (like apartment decor) to take the stress out of shopping for something you need.
7. Find an open field and catch fireflies - You can even stay into the night to gaze at the stars!
8. Explore your city for the best ice cream place - Make it a series of dates and do it tournament style; may the best ice cream place win!
What are your favorite summer date ideas? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake to never miss a post!