1. Create a cover - I picked this planner because it was the same exact size as my bullet journal, and you can create your own cover for it! While the scalloped design is pretty cute, I thought it would be super fun to change out the cover with the season. This will ensure my planner is still unique! Here is my current summer cover... It kind of looks like it's in memory of the lemon so I might have to make a new one haha.
3. Mark all important birthdays! - I had a page specifically for a list of all birthdays in my bullet journal, so this was super easy for me. I like to mark birthdays in the monthly calendars with words, and then also in the weekly spreads with cake stickers. With this method I never forget any b-days!
4. Add stickers for holidays - Holidays in planners are usually marked already, but I like to add stickers on the monthly and weekly spreads to make them a little more exciting.
5. Go through old bullet journal/planner and add anything already planned - I feel like this is a pretty obvious way to set up a new planner... :P But I like to add my work schedule and any other appointments in the monthly spread.
6. In weekly spread, mark all recurring things in first month of planner (in this case July) - I do this at the end of each month for the upcoming month to ensure I don't forget something that typically always happens. For me, these include: "go to church","post on blog", and "shave legs" (haha - does anyone else plan out their shaving schedule?)
7. Also in the weekly spread, add any other to-dos for the first week or two - Since my planner starts in two days, I went ahead and figured out what I need to do the first week and added any to-dos
|What a weekly spread looks like in my planner!|
What else do you do to set up your new planners? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake to never miss another planner post!