What You Need:
-Wooden circle (can be found in the wood aisle of any craft store)
-Paint (if you want to make a watermelon you will need pink/red, green, and black. However, depending on what fruit you want to make you might need other colors!)
-Varnish (to keep paint from chipping off)
-Two door handles (can be found at dollar stores and hardwares stores)
What To Do:
1. Paint the fruit onto the wooden circle! I think the watermelon design is super cute and simple, but you could also do a lemon, lime, etc.
2. If you use multiple paint colors, make sure to let the layers dry before starting with a new color. Let dry completely.
3. Paint on a layer of glossy varnish to keep the paint sealed and protected :)
4. Figure out where you want the handles to be. If you want to be precise, you can even measure with a ruler to make sure the handles are completely even.
5. Glue the handles in place. Let dry.
6. Use the serving tray as decor or to actually serve some summer snacks; enjoy!
What trays do you use to serve food at a party? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake to never miss another post!
Fruity Jenna <3