1. Use local foods for your St. Patrick's Day meal - Not only will the food be extra tasty because it was grown with love, it will be free from nasty preservatives! If you have a local bar that sells its own beer, skip on the packaged kind and support your local restaurants :)
2. Don't buy any plastic decorations - There are tons of plastic beads, hats, etc. that you can buy to celebrate, but I challenge you to make your own decorations to skip on the plastics!
3. If you are going out for the night (or to a parade), use a greener method to get there - This could be a car pool, bike, etc. :D
4. Plant something green in your backyard! - I would recommend some shamrock if you are trying to stick with the holiday ;)
5. Take the money you would spend when going out and donate it - Plan a night in with your family or closest friends, and have everyone decide on the perfect charity to donate to!
6. If you have a party, recycle all the bottles! - Or, volunteer around your neighborhood to collect bottles from other people's parties. Hooray for recycling!
What are you planning on doing for St. Patrick's Day? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake to never miss a post!