1. Lighting is everything - Make sure the lighting is good (and isn't a weird color). Photos with lots of shadows don't normally look that cute, and certain lightbulbs can turn a picture yellow if you aren't careful! I suggest sunlight or direct exposure from natural light for the best pictures :)
2. Embrace your inner artist - Don't just take the basic "duck face" selfie; find something creative! If you can't think of something cute, check out Pinterest for millions of options.
3. Angles! - Usually photos from a slightly higher angle is the best... It avoids problems (like having a double chin), and makes your head look smaller.
4. Good posture - Especially in group photos, make sure you don't stick out with bad posture! Posture makes you look taller in pictures, and just makes you look more confident :)
5. Check your background - Make sure there isn't anything embarrassing back there because that will totally kill the photo's vibe :P
6. Keep clicking - Honestly, some of the best photos come when you aren't even trying to pose! Have whoever is taking the photo to keep clicking away!
What are your best photo tips? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake to never miss a post!