1. Stress and anxiety can be managed with hard work - This semester was really tought, and I had lots of anxiety. However, I learned that my anxiety doesn't define me. It can be managed! I have been sharing my anxiety journey each month, so keep an eye out for those! :)
2. Focusing on you is SO important - This year I learned that taking time for myself is so crucial for keeping my mind working at its normal capacity. I even decided to take a stress managment class next semester to learn how to take care of myself better, which will allow me to better my life.
3. Confidence is crucial - My confidence has faltered a bit throughout this year, but I am working on building it back up as it is really important to be confident in who you are as an individual!!!!
4. Telling people that you love them is a must! - Even though you think people know that you love them, TELL THEM! <3
5. There is still happiness in a "cruel world" - Everything you see on the media/news is normally depressing, so this year I made it a point to think about the good things people are doing. It has honestly changed my mindset to be more positive, which is amazing!
6. Onesies are great - I LOVE THEM!
7. Finding out who your true friends are is SO important - This year I've learned that some of my close friends from last year weren't really all that close. However, I've strengthened my friendships with my true best friends, and I cannot be happier. True friends are essential to a happy life. <3
8. I actually feel like a grown up now - This year, I landed a summer internship in a city a couple of hours away from home, and I feel like I will actually succeed living by myself in my own apartment. I am starting to feel like an adult now (and am confident in myself that I can survive on my own), and I am so so excited to see where the future takes me!
9. Long distance relationships get harder over time - Over time, LDRs get harder because you start planning your future together, which makes it so much more real that you aren't together most of the time. However, my relationship is growing stronger because of our LDR, so I look forward to seeing what 2018 has in store for us.
10. I still love blogging - I was so stressed and busy this year, that I had doubts on if I should continue to blog on The Chic Cupcake. I realized that I love to blog, so I forced myself to post every day this Decemeber (and am proud to say I DID IT!!). Even though I don't see myself blogging for the rest of my life, I will definitely continue for the next couple of years.
What did you learn in 2017? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake to never miss a post! :D
P.S. Blogmas is officially over! :( If you didn't read all of my posts (I posted every single day of December!), don't forget to check them all out! :)