Sunday, August 13, 2017

Movie Review: Rogue One

Release date: December 16, 2016

Rating: PG-13

Image result for rogue one a star wars story

Hey cupcakes! I know I am totally late on seeing/reviewing this movie, but my boyfriend and I finally decided to watch the film when we found it on Netflix the other night. I was pretty skeptical of the film (hence why I never saw it in theaters), but I was actually surprised how well the plot fit in with the original Star Wars films. It was such a neat idea to show the viewers how the Death Star plans were given to Princess Leia, so I was uber happy they didn't fail at the plot line.

The movie itself was a little boring at times, but I thought the new characters were very well developed and pretty relatable (plus, there were some good jokes!). Some beloved old characters came back, and I loved the very subtle romance happening between the two main characters as well! Even though the ending was sad (SPOILER ALERT: literally the whole cast dies), I thought this was smart and definitely needed to match the original movies. It was the perfect ending in my opinion. 

Overall, I thought this film was better than expected! If you never saw it, I would definitely recommend checking it out sometime! :)

What did you think of Rogue One? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! <3

Love,
Rebel Jenna

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked this! I haven't seen it yet but my husband really liked it.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think when you see it! <3
      -Jenna

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...