Thursday, July 20, 2017

Recipe: Pumpkin Oatmeal Energy Balls

Hey cupcakes, I feel like I haven't done a recipe post in quite some time, so I am going to change that today! ;) I was baking some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies a few days ago (see the recipe I used here) and had some left over pumpkin... After looking through Pinterest, I came across a recipe for some easy energy balls. They were actually super tasty, so I thought I would share the recipe with you all! :D

Quick healthy pumpkin oatmeal energy bites that taste like cookies but are good for you!
See original recipe here

What You Need

-1 1/2 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal
-1/2 cup peanut butter
-1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling!)
-1/4 cup chia seeds
-1/4 cup honey
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips

What To Do

1. In a medium sized bowl stir together oats, peanut butter, pumpkin, chia seeds, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.

2. If mixture is too sticky, you may need to add a haf cup more oats (you want to be able to roll it into a ball without a lot sticking to your hands).

3. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.

4. Scoop a spoonful into your hand and roll into balls. Repeat until dough is gone.

5. Pop in the fridge until cold (these last in the fridge for up to a week).

6. Enjoy! :)

These were really great because the pumpkin wasn't overpowering (if anything, they mostly tasted like peanut butter!). It was a great snack whenever I was searching for something sweet, so I would definitely recommend trying them out!

Pumpkin Oatmeal Energy Bites are going to be your go-to healthy snack all fall long.

What is your favorite pumpkin recipe? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake!

Love,
Jenna

4 comments:

  1. Great post !
    Follow for follow ?
    New post at my blog https://hisandherway.blogspot.ba/ ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, I just followed your lovely blog :)
      -Jenna <3

      Delete
  2. YUM!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to make these sometime. Thanks for sharing the recipe at C&C with J&J!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...