Monday, July 24, 2017

Random Food Taste Testing!

Hey cupcakes! I wanted to do another taste testing post for you all, so I have been trying to find unique foods to eat! As someone who loves to eat anyway, I think these posts are a great way to explore new products :) Let's get started!

1. Quaker Blueberry Banana & Vanilla Bliss Overnight Oats

Image result for quaker blueberry banana overnight oats

I have a habit of looking at Pinterest recipes whenever I am bored, and I have been seeing a lot of "overnight oat" recipes lately. I was in Target the other day and randomly found this product, so I thought I would try it out! To make the oats, I just had to add milk to the container before I went to bed and pop it in the fridge. In the morning, the oats had sucked up all the liquid (such a quick and easy breakfast for those in a rush)... It was pretty good! It was the consistency of oatmeal, but it had a lot more nutritious things in it. I don't think I would go out of my way to purchase this exact kind again, but I might try out the recipes I have found on Pinterest!
Rating: 6/10

2. Lotte Koala March Cookies

Image result for lotte koala march chocolate

I am low-key obsessed with Japanese sweets (because they are all so tasty and adorable!), and I used to eat the Hello Panda cookies you can buy at Target all the time in middle school. I was in Five Below one night, and I saw the Hello Panda cookies out of the corner of my eye... And these Koala cookies were right next to them. I decided to try the Koala cookies since I have never had them, and I LOVED them! They tasted very similar to the Hello Pando chocolate filled cookies, but I think they actually taste a bit better. Plus, each cookie has a Koala doing something totally random (ex. baking, sailing on a boat, playing basketball, etc.)... It is so cute! I'm pretty sure I took photos of each cookie for my Instagram story. Definitely will be repurchasing a lot of these in the near future! :D
Rating: 10/10

3. Marzipan

Image result for schluckwerder marzipan

I was in a foreign market and found this interesting German candy! I had heard of marzipan but had never tried it, so I thought I would give it a shot! :) This is was super tasty; the actual marzipan was really soft (I would say the same texture as the inside of a 3 Muskateer) and it tasted like almond paste (which I love!!!). It wasn't a super strong flavor, and I could eat the whole thing without getting sick of it. I would definitely recommend trying this marzipan (or any other brand)! 
Rating: 11/10 (haha yes I can do that)

4. Popcorners Caramel Chips

Image result for popcorners caramel

I have never really been a fan of popcorn, but I saw these chips on sale and just had to try them. I thought they were really tasty! They tasted a lot like Quaker's Popped Caramel Rice Crisps, but I liked these a lot better because the caramel isn't very sweet (it even had a salty note at times). It doesn't taste like popcorn at all, so I would really compare it to a flufflier potato chip (haha - if that makes any sense at all). There are only 7 ingredients in these chips, so I think they are actually a pretty nutritious snack. I will definitely be buying these again if I see them! 
Rating: 10/10

What random foods have you tried lately? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake so that you will never miss a post!

Love,
Jenna the Foodie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...