1. Don't psych yourself out before a big event - I normally get a lot of anxiety when there is a big event coming up in my life (a test, interview, work event, etc.). Over time, it has helped me to not dwell on the major event. Instead of thinking, "There are X amount of days until this final that is worth X% of my grade," I have learned that it is so much better to think, "I need to study for this class before I can go on summer break."
2. Learn what helps you cope with your anxiety - Test out different foods, exercises, etc. that can help you lessen your anxiety! If I feel myself getting really anxious, it is super duper helpful for me to either take a break and eat some of my favorite foods (mac n' cheese and tacos are great options) or text either my family or my boyfriend to distract me from my mind. I have heard really great things about meditation and yoga for anxiety, so if that helps you I would totally recommend it!
3. Let your body react to your anxiety - It is totally normal for your body to have responses to anxiety, and it is honestly better to just let your body deal. I know I always get an upset stomach and have to use the bathroom whenever I get anxious, so just set aside some extra time to let your body cope.
5. Know you aren't alone - So many people suffer from anxiety, so you aren't alone! It can sometimes feel like you are this outsider, but keep reminding yourself that it is totally normal to have anxiety <3
6. Listen to your body! - I cannot express how important it is to figure out why things are causing you anxiety!!!! If a relationship causes more anxiety than happiness, end it (this goes for any activity/relationship you are in). Your health is the utmost important!!!!
What are your tips for dealing with anxiety? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! :)