I did some research and found out that makeup actually does have an expiration date (you learn something new everyday :P )! It is actually really disgusting how nasty makeup can get with bacteria and such in a short period of time, so I wanted to write a quick post today telling you all when you should replace your makeup products. Let's get started!
1. Mascara - 2 to 3 months (which shouldn't be that hard if you use it every day!)
2. Eyeliner (pencil) - 2 years
3. Eyeliner (liquid/gel) - 6 months to 1 year
4. Eyebrow gel - 1 year
5. Powder eyeshadow - 2 years
1. Face masks - 2 months
2. Foundation - 6 months (can last up to a year but I would recommend repurchasing earlier since there is a lot of bacteria on your face!)
3. Concealer - 6 months
4. Powder blush - 2 years
1. Lipgloss - 1 year
2. Lipstick - 2 years
If you are searching for expiration dates of other products, I would recommend looking on Pinterest because there are a lot of great guides on there! All in all, I suggest replacing your most used products (foundation, mascara, etc.) every 6 months to prevent the spread of nasty bacteria.
When do you replace your makeup? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake!
Bacteria Free Jenna <3