Saturday, July 22, 2017

Expiration Dates of Makeup Products!

Hey cupcakes! I was going through my clothes, jewelry, and makeup the other day for some summer cleaning and realized that I haven't bought all new makeup in quite some time...

Image result for yuck gif
YUCK

I did some research and found out that makeup actually does have an expiration date (you learn something new everyday :P )! It is actually really disgusting how nasty makeup can get with bacteria and such in a short period of time, so I wanted to write a quick post today telling you all when you should replace your makeup products. Let's get started!

Eye Products

1. Mascara - 2 to 3 months (which shouldn't be that hard if you use it every day!)

2. Eyeliner (pencil) - 2 years

3. Eyeliner (liquid/gel) - 6 months to 1 year

4. Eyebrow gel - 1 year

5. Powder eyeshadow - 2 years

Face Products

1. Face masks - 2 months

2. Foundation - 6 months (can last up to a year but I would recommend repurchasing earlier since there is a lot of bacteria on your face!)

3. Concealer - 6 months

4. Powder blush - 2 years

Lip Products

1. Lipgloss - 1 year

2. Lipstick - 2 years

Image result for makeup expiration dates

If you are searching for expiration dates of other products, I would recommend looking on Pinterest because there are a lot of great guides on there! All in all, I suggest replacing your most used products (foundation, mascara, etc.) every 6 months to prevent the spread of nasty bacteria.

When do you replace your makeup? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake!

Love,
Bacteria Free Jenna <3

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...