Sunday, June 18, 2017

My Recent Hotel Sample Empties!

Hey cupcakes! I have recently been doing a little bit of traveling. One of my favorite parts of staying in hotels is collecting the samples that are left in my room. It is super fun to try new products! Over my past couple of short trips, I have collected a few samples that I thought I would quickly review for you all today. Enjoy! :)

1. Rest, Relax, and Recharge Package - This product was pretty exciting for me because normally all you get in hotels is shampoo, lotion, soap, etc. This little package of three samples was laying on my bed, and it is meant to calm you down for a good sleep. 


The first step, "Rest", was a calming lotion you put on your neck. It smelled SO good, and the lavender was actually pretty stress relieving! The second step, "Relax", was an essential oil blend you sprayed around your bed before sleeping. I personally thought it was a little too strong, but it definitely did have calming essential oils in it. Lastly, the third step, "Recharge", was a gel for your aching feet and ankles. This was AMAZING! I had been walking around all day and had a couple of blisters, and this gel was super cooling and recharging. Out of all three samples, the gel was by far my fav!


2. Rice Bran Orange and Tangerine Soap - I feel like soaps in hotels are never really that great, but this one was surprisingly not that bad! The orange and tangerine scent was quite powerful, but the soap itself wasn't drying on my hands. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to try it again just because the scent wasn't really my thing, but I was overall happy with this sample.


3. Peace Be Still Calming Face & Body Balm - This product is by the same brand as the Relax Package, and I really really loved this! The balm is super moisturizing and smells like lemons (with a hint of lavender and other relaxing fragrances). I personally didn't use this on my face because I don't like to mess with my skincare routine, but it worked SO well on my dry legs. I wish I had more of this product! 


4. Aromatic Wood Body Lotion - This lotion was also strongly scented like oranges and tangerines, so I wasn't really a fan of it. Just like some Bath and Body Works products, it wasn't that effective as lotion because of the strong scent in it. Compared to the Body Balm, it did not live up to my lotion expectations.


5. Aromatic Woods Body Wash - I used to use soaps to clean my body, but I made the switch to body washes a couple of years ago. I LOVE trying new "flavors" of body wash, and this one was actually pretty good. Again, the scent was a little too strong for me (it left me smelling like a large orange for an hour or so after showering)), but it definitely did its job of cleaning me! :P


What samples have you tried out lately? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake!

Love,
Jenna <3

2 comments:

  1. Mostly from my Daily Goodie Box. I love trying out samples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! Thanks for stopping by The Chic Cupcake! :)
      -Jenna <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...