Monday, June 12, 2017

Disney's NEW Happily Ever After Firework Show

Hey cupcakes! I am writing about something really random on The Chic Cupcake today: fireworks! I was browsing through my Facebook newsfeed a couple of weeks ago, when I saw an article saying that Disney World in Orlando, FL was getting rid of its Wishes firework show.

Image result for what disney gif

I was automatically kinda upset by this news because I have such fond memories as a child watching this firework show (it has been going on since October 2003). My favorite part is when TinkerBell "flies" off the top of Cinderella's Castle because, honestly, how much more magical can you get?

Image result for wishes fireworks
Wishes Show
In place of the Wishes firework show, a new show called Happily Ever After debuted on May 12, 2017. Instead of just being music and fireworks, this new show was advertised to have lasers, fireworks, music, pyrotechnics, and scenes from our favorite Disney movies... I was a bit intrigued.

Image result for happily ever after fireworks

On May 12th, Disney actually livestreamed the Happily Ever After show, so I (of course) watched the whole 18 minutes! :D Even on the livestream, I was SO impressed. I don't know why I ever doubted the Disney company because, honestly, when do they really disappoint? It was absolutely incredible to see so many Disney movies projected onto the castle, and I can only imagine it must be SO cool in person!!!!!!
Image result for happily ever after fireworks tangled

Image result for happily ever after fireworks tangled

I think they picked a really good medley of Disney songs, and they actually had some of my favorites that aren't as well known (like "Go the Distance" from Hercules). Plus, they added a new song fitting to the Happily Ever After theme, and I thought it flowed really nicely.

Lastly, TINKERBELL STILL MAKES AN APPEARANCE. :D <3 I literally screamed when I saw her, because I know that other little kids will always remember their first trip to Disney because of her (just like me).

Image result for disney fireworks tinkerbell

Overall, I am now dying to see this firework show in person! Good work Disney!
If you want to check out the show, check out this YouTube video of the livestream :)


What do you think about Disney's new firework show? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake!

Love,
Jenna <3

2 comments:

  1. Seems like they've outdone themselves! Pinning for my daughter who's planning a trip there next summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so jealous that your daughter will get to see it! :P I hope she has an amazing time, let me know what she thinks about the show!
      -Jenna <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...