Thursday, June 8, 2017

Bullet Journaling Essentials

Hey cupcakes! My Bullet Journaling 101 post seemed to be quite popular, so I thought I would write a quick post about my current essentials that I love to use when bullet journaling. Bullet journaling is great because it is totally unique for each person that does it, so I hope this post gives you some inspiration for your next bullet journaling experience. Let's get started!

1. Stabilo Markers


These are my go-to writing utensils whenever I bullet journal because the colors are so pretty! They also do not bleed through the paper of my journal or smudge like some pens do, which makes them my number one choice. However, I know some bullet journalers who prefer colored pens, pencils, and/or gel pens, so the choice is really up to you! 

2.  Functional Stickers


To keep my journal consistent, I love using functional stickers like these to mark appointments, trips, exams, etc.so that I don't need to write them down every single time. If I can't find any stickers that I like (or that fit with the "vibe" of the week's page), I will make my own stickers to mark things like birthdays, college football games, etc. to save both time and money (learn how to make your own stickers HERE).

3. FUN Stickers


While functional stickers are great in marking my day to day tasks, I LOVE adding cute and fun stickers to my bullet journal! I know a lot of bullet journalers don't use stickers, but I just think it adds such a cute touch to my journal. I recommend buying sticker books (like those pictured above) because they are normally way cheaper than scrapbook stickers and are honestly much more cute! Plus, places like Michaels, Meijers, and Target will have sticker books for each holiday, which are so much fun to use!

4. Post-Its/Page Flags


On top of using stickers, I also find using page flags and shaped post-its to be really helpful in keeping my life organized. It is also a great way to write down what you did during the day so that you will remember it when/if you look through your journal in the future :)

5. Stamps


While I don't use stamps that often, I find this little travel set of stamps to be really fun to use! Just like the functional stickers, it is so easy to stamp on the car or plane icon whenever I travel. I know rubber stamps are a HUGE trend in the planner community right now, so I might try those out sometime soon!

6. Scissors, tape, etc.


DOUBLE SIDED TAPE IS A MUST (when your sticky flags aren't as sticky as you'd like)! Also, normal clear tape and scissors are important to have on hand when bullet journaling.

What are your bullet journaling essentials? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! :D

Love you all,
Jenna <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...