Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Hand Holding Catastrophe

Hey cupcakes! I have been wanting to do a storytime post for quite some time now, but I didn't really know what interesting story to write about... A few days ago, my family was talking about memories from middle school and this story just popped into my head.

Image result for embarrassed gif

Here is the unfortunate story of my very first hand holding:
Okay, so I was obviously a really awkward middle schooler (because who isn't?!), and I had only had one "boyfriend" in the 7th grade. That clearly didn't last, so I went into my 8th grade year single and ready to mingle. As I entered the classroom that very first day of school, I noticed there was a new kid in our class (let's call him Bob). Honestly it was one of those moments from the movies where everything slows down when we saw each other for the first time.

Image result for love at first sight gif

So basically, we became good friends pretty quickly and at one of the school dances he asked me out (which good for him, he actually had the courage to ask me to my face!). We would message each other every night and talk at school, so we were a pretty cute couple for just being middle schoolers.

Image result for awww gif

Because I wasn't old enough to go on "real dates" yet, Bob and I would go out together with a group of friends to movies, the roller skate arena, etc. I really really liked Bob, so I totally wanted him to hold my hand (which he had never done yet because he was way too shy/awkward haha).

On one eventful night, Bob and I (with our posse of friends) went to go see Rio. He was sitting on my right, and I was freaking out inside because I wanted him to hold my hand (and there was a good chance he would since movie theaters are dark)... So, being smart, about half way through the movie (when he didn't make a move yet), I moved my hand onto my right knee so that he had easy access.

Image result for i'm ready gif

Almost immediately I felt him tense up because he clearly knew what I wanted him to do :P A few minutes later (after he had obviously pumped himself up a bit), I see his left hand dart out really quickly as he tried to grab my hand..... AND MISSED!

Instead of holding my hand like he should, poor Bob only managed to grab the very tips of three of my fingers! And instead of letting go and trying again, HE LATCHED RIGHT ON AND WOULDN'T LET GO! Even the birds in Rio were embarrassed.

Image result for embarrassed gif

When I realized he wasn't about to try again, I took the liberty to "adjust" so that we were actually holding hands correctly.

Image result for ugh men gif

Lol - so there you have it; my very first hand holding disaster! :P It honestly is super hilarious, and I hope by now Bob has figured out how to initiate a hand holding ;)

When was the first time you held hands with your first significant other? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! :D

Love (the still semi-embarrassed),
Jenna <3

*NEWS ALERT: THE CHIC CUPCAKE OFFICIALLY HAS AN INSTAGRAM! For fun updates on my life and my blog, follow me HERE, and I will follow you back (or put your Instagram username in the comments, so I can follow you)!*

2 comments:

  1. Lol great story! Followed your blog :)
    www.passthelipstick.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...