Thursday, May 25, 2017

Review: Sephora Tarte Birthday Set

Hey cupcakes! My birthday was a couple of weeks back, so I stopped by my local Sephora to pick up my free Beauty Insider birthday gift! :) Being a Beauty Insider isn't anything special for me, since I don't usually buy much high end makeup, but I love that I can get a free gift during my birthday month regardless of how much I spend. It is super nice to try new products!

For the gift, I had the option between a tarte or Caudalie set. Because I don't like to switch up my skincare routine with new products, I picked the tarte makeup (which included a blush and lip paint).
Image result for sephora birthday gift 2017
The blush is such a pretty shade of pink! :)The package is a much darker shade of pink than the images on the Sephora website, so I was worried it was going to be too dark. But to my surprise, the color is perfect! It is subtle enough for an everyday look, but it definitely shows up on the cheeks. This product is now my go-to blush, and it can be blended out flawlessly! 


The lip paint also looks much darker than the images on the Sephora website, and it actually is a darker nude pink (it honestly is mostly brown not pink). I have never really been into wearing nude colors, but I think this is the perfect product to change it up sometimes! :D


There are some swatches:

What did you think of the Sephora birthday gifts this year? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! 

Love,
Jenna

*NEWS ALERT: THE CHIC CUPCAKE OFFICIALLY HAS AN INSTAGRAM! For fun updates on my life and my blog, follow me HERE, and I will follow you back (or put your Instagram username in the comments, so I can follow you)!*

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun post Jenna :) I've had same problem in past buying make up that seems a different shade than advertised but sometimes I like the shade supplied more :) Companies like Avon are happy to give samples (I adore Avon) the descriptions are accurate, matching colours to skin tone and I've found that the shades I choose suit me. It's such fun to experiment with new products. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun post Jenna :) I've had same problem in past buying make up that seems a different shade than advertised but sometimes I like the shade supplied more :) Companies like Avon are happy to give samples (I adore Avon) the descriptions are accurate, matching colours to skin tone and I've found that the shades I choose suit me. It's such fun to experiment with new products. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...