Monday, May 1, 2017

Movie Review: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Release Date: November 18th, 2016

Rating: PG-13
Image result for fantastic beasts and where to find them

Hey cupcakes! My college campus does a really good job of showing movies that are out of theaters but haven't been released on DVD yet, so a month or so ago my friends and I went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I thought I would write a review for it, even though it isn't a brand new film. :)

First of all, I have never really been a super Harry Potter fan. I thought the books and movies were good, but I am not a crazy super fan or anything like that. When I heard they were making this movie, I was really skeptical. I thought they should have let the Harry Potter franchise end, but decided to keep an open mind until I actually saw the film.

Image result for fantastic beasts and where to find them book

Honestly, I thought this movie was okay. It wasn't amazing, and I probably will not go see it again. It was definitely darker than a lot of the Harry Potter movies, but I was so impressed that they actually thought of a good plot out of J.K. Rowling's book (which is literally just a field guide of magical creatures). Plus, they are making like four other sequels to this movie so I totally call Credence coming back!!!

The saving grace of this whole movie was Jacob Kowalski.

Image result for fantastic beasts and where to find them jacob kowalski

His character, a Muggle, literally has the funniest reactions to magic ever, and they would totally be my reactions if I ever saw magic. :P
Image result for fantastic beasts and where to find them jacob kowalski gif

Overall, if you are a die-hard Harry Potter fan, I'm sure your would appreciate this movie. But if you are pretty indifferent to the series, you may or may not find it interesting.

What did you think about Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! :)

Love,
Jenna <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...