Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Movie Review: Beauty and the Beast

Release date: March 17th, 2017

Rating: PG
Image result for beauty and the beast

Hey cupcakes! After waiting WAY too long to see this, I finally went to see Disney's live action Beauty and the Beast!!!!!! :D I was never really a super fan of the animated Beauty and the Beast, but I just had to see one of my favorite actresses, Emma Watson, portray a Disney princess. Because the end of the semester was so hectic, I heard a lot about the movie before I saw it, and it got good ratings and reviews from most people. 

I also thought it was really good! It doesn't follow the exact plot of the animated classic (which is really great!), and I enjoyed how they gave better back stories on Belle's mother, the Prince's life, etc. This was helpful in filling in some plot holes in the animated film (like why no one remembered any of the servants after they were turned into household objects). 

Image result for beauty and the beast emma watson

I think Emma Watson did a fabulous job as Belle, and I was SO excited that they added new songs to the movie (but why did they take out "We'll Be Humans Again"?!). "Days in the Sun" is my absolute favorite new song from the movie, so I would recommend checking it out on Spotify if you haven't heard it already. :)

I loved how Disney made it accurate to the time period, and can we just say how gorgeous the animation is?! The inanimate objects were so well done, and the only bad thing I have to say about this film is how they actually show Mrs. Pots, Chips, etc. turning into antiques before the Beast's transformation into Prince Adam. It was super emotional (at least for me!)! 

Image result for beauty and the beast new movie characters

Overall, I think this was a really good adaptation of a classic I remember watching as a little kid. They mixed the perfect amount of the old Beauty and the Beast with new ideas and even threw in some social commentary (feminism, LGBTQ+ community, etc.). I would totally recommend watching it if you haven't yet! :)

What is your favorite Disney movie? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! 

Love, 
Jenna

*NEWS ALERT: THE CHIC CUPCAKE OFFICIALLY HAS AN INSTAGRAM! For fun updates on my life and my blog, follow me HERE, and I will follow you back (or put your Instagram username in the comments, so I can follow you)!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...