Monday, May 29, 2017

Easy Hairstyle: The Side Fishtail Braid!

Hey cupcakes! I don't normally do hair tutorials on The Chic Cupcake, but I thought I would write a post today on a braid that is actually quite easy to do: the fishtail! As someone who can barely do anything with my hair, if I can master the side fishtail so can you! :P Especially since it is summer, the fishtail is a gorgeous way to have your hair out of your face. Let's get started!

Image result for side fishtail braid

1. Brush your hair to one side - I usually wear headbands (to keep hair out of my face), so I will brush my hair, put in a headband, and sweep all of my hair on one side so that it lies on my chest.
Image result for hair on one side
Jessica Alba is ready to start her braid! ;)
2. Start the braid - First, split your hair into two parts (unlike a typical braid which needs three parts).

3. Braid! - To make the fishtail, take a small section of the right and cross over to the left section. Then, take a small section of the left and cross over to the right. I find it easiest to hold the left section of hair in my mouth when working with the right to keep the braid tight (lol - I know I know it sounds kind of gross, but it works!). 
Image result for fishtail instructions

4. Repeat until braid is desired length! - I love fishtails because they can be braided longer than a typical braid. 
Image result for fishtail instructions

5. Tie with an elastic band and you are all set to rock your new hairdo! :D

Image result for side fishtail braid
You will be looking like Sarah Hyland with this braid! :P
How do you rock fishtail braids? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! :)

Love, 
Jenna <3

2 comments:

  1. Fishtail braids are so beautiful! Not to mention perfect for summer.<3

    VEGETARIAN COURTESY

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...