-Some type of yard or embroidery thread (depending on how thick you want your anklet! I normally like my anklets to be pretty thin so that I can wear multiple at a time)
-A clipboard (makes the knotting process easier because the anklet doesn't move around)
-An ankle (haha)
1. The first step is to pick out what colors you want your anklet to be. This method uses three colors, so pick out what colors you really want to rock this summer! :)
2. After selecting the colors, cut 6 pieces of yard/thread that is approximately as long as 3/4 of your arm (2 pieces of each of the three colors). Make a knot at one end and clip onto the clipboard (so it doesn't move around as you make the anklet).
3. Separate all the colors. You are ready to start knotting!
4. To start weaving the bracelet, you are going to take the left most color (both of the blue threads in my photos), cross it on top of the middle color (yellow), loop it under, and pull tight. Repeat this again with the blue and yellow, and then do this two times with the blue and right color (white). There will be a total of 4 knots per row!
5. Now, your middle color (yellow) will be the right most color, so all you need to do is keep repeating the knotting process!
|After four more knots, the white will be the right most color!|
6. Continue knotting until anklet is the desired length!
7. When the anklet is the correct length, tie another knot at the bottom of the anklet. Cut off the excess thread, making sure to leave enough to tie to your ankle.
8. Tie to your ankle (or even to your wrist) and enjoy all summer long! :)
Do you like to wear anklets in the summertime? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! :D
Love you all,