Wednesday, May 31, 2017

DIY: Simple Summer Anklets

Hey cupcakes! For the past few summers, I have loved rocking anklets during the summer months. It must be something about wearing flip flops and a cute accessory around my ankle that makes the warm days feel so relaxing! :) I thought I would share with you all how you can make your own anklet, so let's get started!

Image result for summer anklet

What You Need:
-Some type of yard or embroidery thread (depending on how thick you want your anklet! I normally like my anklets to be pretty thin so that I can wear multiple at a time)
-Scissors
-A clipboard (makes the knotting process easier because the anklet doesn't move around)
-An ankle (haha)

Instructions:
1. The first step is to pick out what colors you want your anklet to be. This method uses three colors, so pick out what colors you really want to rock this summer! :)

2. After selecting the colors, cut 6 pieces of yard/thread that is approximately as long as 3/4 of your arm (2 pieces of each of the three colors). Make a knot at one end and clip onto the clipboard (so it doesn't move around as you make the anklet).


3.  Separate all the colors. You are ready to start knotting! 


4. To start weaving the bracelet, you are going to take the left most color (both of the blue threads in my photos), cross it on top of the middle color (yellow), loop it under, and pull tight. Repeat this again with the blue and yellow, and then do this two times with the blue and right color (white). There will be a total of 4 knots per row! 

Image result for knotted friendship bracelet

5. Now, your middle color (yellow) will be the right most color, so all you need to do is keep repeating the knotting process!

After four more knots, the white will be the right most color! 
6. Continue knotting until anklet is the desired length! 



7. When the anklet is the correct length, tie another knot at the bottom of the anklet. Cut off the excess thread, making sure to leave enough to tie to your ankle.

8. Tie to your ankle (or even to your wrist) and enjoy all summer long! :)


Do you like to wear anklets in the summertime? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! :D

Love you all,
Jenna <3

5 comments:

  1. You are quite handy. Anklets are such a cool look! Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as it gets warmer, I get my anklets out :D
    I love love love them and this is a great DIY idea, thanks :)

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it out! :D
      -Jenna <3

      Delete
  3. My sister and I used to do these all the time! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining the 100th Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...