Thursday, May 11, 2017

Bullet Journaling 101

Hey cupcakes! I decided recently that I would start bullet journaling. I've been really into the whole planning trend this year, and in a few of my previous hauls on The Chic Cupcake I included things like stickers and sticky notes that I used in my planner at school. Now that it is summer, I wanted to try bullet journaling so I can get the hang of it before the school year starts again. So far, I love it! It allows me to stay super organized as well as let out some creativity every day. :) I wanted to write a fun post about the basics of bullet journaling to help any of you who want to start! <3

Image result for bullet journal

What You Need
-Bullet journal/any journal: depending on what you want to use, you will need a blank journal with either lined, graph, or dots on the interior. The joy of bullet journaling is that there are no rules, but I personally prefer the dots so that I can easily draw lines if I need to, but they don't ruin the overall aesthetic!
I use a Moleskine and bought it on Amazon HERE
-Pens/markers: Make sure that the pens/pencils/any writing utensil you use will not go through the pages!!! I use the Stabilo markers, and they have always worked great!
Buy them HERE
-Other journal decorations: Some people prefer to only use pens, but I love to decorate with tons of stickers and sticky notes. I suggest checking out your local Dollar Tree and Target for some great deals and finds. :) Whatever you want to use, do it to make your journal one of a kind (because remember, a bullet journal isn't just a planner it is also a journal/memory book too!)!

How To Use Your Bullet Journal
1. Before you start writing in it, I would make a plan on what you are going to do in your journal for each month/week. There are SO many cute ideas on Pinterest, or you can come up with your own! For mine, I have a monthly spread at the beginning of each month and then two pages per weeek.
My monthly spread for next month!
A weekly spread for next month (notice how I added a water tracker on each day!)
2. Figure out when you are going to draw out each week/month. Some people prefer to do it a week at a time, but I find it easier to draw out all of the pages for the month so if I get busy I still have them ready (plus, the design stays constant throughout the month!). 

I've had a lot of time recently, so I already started on July! :)
3. Make sure you save space for some fun pages! I totally decorated the cover page of mine with tons of stickers, and then I made sure to save a page in the front for a "daily mood check in". The whole back section of my journal is set aside for random pages like movies I want to see, my bucket list, etc. 


4. Get creative! Once you know how you are going to set your bullet journal up, you basically just get to decorate and create an amazing planner/journal! It is just so much fun! :)

5. Stay at it! I know it might seem like a lot of work, but I love taking ten to twenty minutes at the end of each day to update my bullet journal. It is a great way to stay on task and get things done! :)

Image result for bullet journal

Do you/would you bullet journal? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake! <3 
Do you want to see more posts about bullet journaling? Fill out this poll:

Do you want to see more posts about bullet journaling?



pollcode.com free polls

Love,
Jenna <3

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog, without which I would not have found you (and am now your newest follower). This was an interesting post. I am an avid list maker and journal writer, and have been wondering about bullet journaling, but, in some ways, it seems a bit convoluted and more trouble than it's worth. Plus, I tend to be a bit set in my ways and am not sure I'd take to this. I'm hoping you'll post more about your bullet journal journey to help me in deciding if I should really give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, it can seem like a lot of work and it definitely isn't for everyone! I will write more posts along my journey and hopefully they are helpful! :D Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow your bullet journal is so gorgeous! You should start a Pinterest board for it, if you haven't already! I've started dabbling with bullet journaling, but I'm still really loyal to my Erin Condren Life Planner. I'm trying to use the BJ for blog stuff!
    { Katie Actually }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I have always thought about using an Erin Condren, so maybe I will try it out next year! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I love this!
    I haven't been into BJ actually, but I think I'll give it a try and set one up for the next year :)
    this is very helpful, thanks!

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotten into Bullet Journaling! I love it! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...