What You Need-Bullet journal/any journal: depending on what you want to use, you will need a blank journal with either lined, graph, or dots on the interior. The joy of bullet journaling is that there are no rules, but I personally prefer the dots so that I can easily draw lines if I need to, but they don't ruin the overall aesthetic!
|I use a Moleskine and bought it on Amazon HERE|
|Buy them HERE|
-Other journal decorations: Some people prefer to only use pens, but I love to decorate with tons of stickers and sticky notes. I suggest checking out your local Dollar Tree and Target for some great deals and finds. :) Whatever you want to use, do it to make your journal one of a kind (because remember, a bullet journal isn't just a planner it is also a journal/memory book too!)!
How To Use Your Bullet Journal
1. Before you start writing in it, I would make a plan on what you are going to do in your journal for each month/week. There are SO many cute ideas on Pinterest, or you can come up with your own! For mine, I have a monthly spread at the beginning of each month and then two pages per weeek.
|My monthly spread for next month!|
|A weekly spread for next month (notice how I added a water tracker on each day!)|
2. Figure out when you are going to draw out each week/month. Some people prefer to do it a week at a time, but I find it easier to draw out all of the pages for the month so if I get busy I still have them ready (plus, the design stays constant throughout the month!).
|I've had a lot of time recently, so I already started on July! :)|
3. Make sure you save space for some fun pages! I totally decorated the cover page of mine with tons of stickers, and then I made sure to save a page in the front for a "daily mood check in". The whole back section of my journal is set aside for random pages like movies I want to see, my bucket list, etc.
4. Get creative! Once you know how you are going to set your bullet journal up, you basically just get to decorate and create an amazing planner/journal! It is just so much fun! :)
5. Stay at it! I know it might seem like a lot of work, but I love taking ten to twenty minutes at the end of each day to update my bullet journal. It is a great way to stay on task and get things done! :)
Do you/would you bullet journal? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake to never miss a post! <3
Do you want to see more posts about bullet journaling? Fill out this poll: