Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My Experience: Sophomore Year of College!

Hey cupcakes! Since my school year has just ended, I thought I would write about the key things I have learned throughout the year. I wrote about some things I learned during my freshman year (read about it here), so I hope to help you all even more if you will be going off to college next year. :) Let's get started!
Image result for sophomore year college

1. Sophomore year is even more stressful than freshman year - Last year all of my sophomore friends told me that sophomore year is a lot of stress. For some reason, I chose to think they just hadn't adjusted to college correctly, weren't organized enough, etc. But they were SO right!!! Sophomore year, at least for me, was the first year I actually could study business in depth, so it was a lot harder than my classes freshman year. Also, you have to actually start figuring things out for your future (internships, job interviews, etc.) so there is ALWAYS something going on!!!

2. Your true friends will stick - Sophomore year is a totally new year, so you will lose some friends over time. However, in college you truly will find friends that you will have for the rest of your life! <3

3. Mental health is so important - As I mentioned before, I was really busy and stressed this year. I had to make sure to reserve some time during my week for "me" time so that I was able to de-stress and maintain my sanity. In college it is so very important to stay healthy both mentally and physically.
Image result for mental health

4. College goes by so fast - I honestly still can't wrap my head around the fact that I am already half way through college! :/ College is amazing, and it feels like just yesterday I was moving in to my freshman dorm. Cherish every single moment and do as much as you can in the little time you have in college!!!

5. A good roommate is everything - My roommate last year wasn't the best, and this year I was lucky enough to room with one of my closest friends. Honestly, a good roommate totally changed my mindset, and I was so much more happy/positive by living with a friend.
Image result for roommate good
6. Don't compare yourself to the people around you - Sophomore year is a weird time where some people are getting internships, some people haven't figured out their major yet, some people are trying to get accepted into a school in Australia to study abroad, etc. Don't sit around and compare yourself to whatever everyone else is doing, just do what YOU want to do! :)

7. Explore what you really love - At the beginning of this year, I thought about all the things I was involved in and made some cuts on clubs that I enjoyed but not loved. This extra time was so beneficial to me, and I was able to explore the things/areas I am totally in love with even more (so don't spread yourself too thin in extracurriculars).

8. You win some, you lose some - I mentioned this in my post "What 2016 Has Taught Me", and I cannot tell you how much this quote helped me throughout sophomore year. College is amazing, but it can also be really stressful at times. It is so important to be able to forget about the minor things that go wrong, and to truly celebrate those things that really matter! :) <3

Image result for shrug gif

What did you learn your sophomore year of college? Comment below and don't forget to follow The Chic Cupcake!

Love you all,
Jenna <3

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely a post that I relate to. I also found my second year much harder than my first, when I was in university. I wasn't taking care of myself and wound up being really down, stressed, and unhappy. Thankfully, my third and fourth years were much better!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were able to improve your third and fourth years of college! I hope the upcoming years in college will be amazing for me too! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...