Sunday, February 5, 2017

Review: Sally Hansen Ouch-Relief Wax Strip Kit

Hey cupcakes! Today I will be talking about something a little more personal: PUBIC HAIR!

Image result for pubic hair gif

Lol, if you are uncomfortable with the topic, then I suggest you don't read the rest of this post... but honestly guys, everyone has it so why not discuss it? :P Anywayssssss, I am pretty hairy in the "nether regions" and have been trying to find a way to get rid of the hair between my legs. Shaving is totally counter productive because the hair just grows back faster and thicker, and I totally do not want to spend a TON of money on going to get waxed at a salon.... Sooooo I recently decided to try out an "at home" waxing kit called Salley Hansen's Ouch-Relief Wax Strip Kit.

Image result for sally hansen ouch relief wax strip kit
Here's what I thought:

1. I'm pretty positive the "ouch relief" wipes that come in the kit do nothing to relieve the pain (at least in the bikini zone)... It honestly wasn't as painful as everyone always makes it seem to be, but then again I only waxed between my legs and didn't do the full Brazilian so who knows.... But, it will hurt for sure so just get used to the idea (and as you continue, it gets more tolerable)

Image result for bikini wax gif

2. The wax strips are pretty big, so I would recommend cutting them into smaller strips to make them more manageable!!!

3. The wax will probably not warm up if you rub it between your hands like the instructions tell you to do... I stuck the strips on my heater to warm up and then took them off when I used them!

4. The wax does actually take most of the hair off! This kit actually has very bad reviews, but I found that it did what it needed to do (mind you, using small strips and taking a lot of time!). If there are some hairs left, I would recommend plucking them! 

5. Make sure you rip off the wax fast and with power! Don't chicken out because then it won't work!!! If you are comfortable with one of your friends seeing the downstairs, I would recommend you waxing each other so you get the job done faster.

6. The area I waxed did get a bit irritated, but after exfoliating it and moisturizing, the redness goes down overnight. 

7. Wax after the shower to open up the pores!!!! This will make it less painful :)

8. I don't know if this is just me, but I find it super duper satisfying to look at all the hair that I ripped off my body :P

9. This kit actually comes with a lot of strips! I only used 3 of the double sided sheets, which means I have plenty more that I can use when the hair grows back! 

10. DON'T WAX YOUR NETHER REGION UNLESS YOU WANT TO! I totally tried this out only because I enjoy having no hair in certain parts of my body. Everyone has pubic hair, so EMBRACE IT! Do what YOU want to do with it! :D <3

Overall, this kit wasn't as bad as the reviews said it was, but I bet there are better kits out there that will do a better job! :P 

Thanks for reading about pubic hairrr! ;) Comment your thoughts down below (lol - no pun intended) and don't forget to follow me! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...