Monday, January 30, 2017

Movie Review: La La Land

Release date: December 9th, 2016

Rating: PG-13
Image result for la la land

Hey cupcakes! As many of you may know from past posts on The Chic Cupcake, I am kinda in love with musicals and singing! :P SO, when I saw the trailer for La La Land, I absolutely freaked out! It looked like it was going to be a "revival" of the old classic musical style (like Singin' in the Rain), and I was so readyyyy! Unfortunately, none of the theaters near my house were showing it! :( However, the theater near my college was showing it, so I finally got to go see it with some of my friends!!!!

IT WAS INCREDIBLE! Honestly, it deserves every single Oscar (all 14) and other awards it has been nominated for. It was such a unique take on the classic love story, and the main characters were so relatable and real (also Ryan Gosling was so hot in this movie!).

Image result for ryan gosling la la land
Can we also talk about how this movie is also about jazz????

The songs were all so catchy and gorgeous, and I totally recommend checking them out on Spotify (because you will not be disappointed I promise!). The film was an awesome mix of a great plotline, singing, dancing (yessss for tap dancing), unique flares, and awesome costuming/sets; I highly recommend it to anyone regardless of what movie type you like! La La Land has definitely been added to my favorite movies list! :D

Image result for la la land
UGH THIS IS AMAZING

What did you think of La La Land? Comment below and don't forget to follow! <3

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. I usually hate musicals, but Ryan and Emma are perfect duo in a movie so I have to see it :D

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...