Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Movie Review: Angus, Thongs, & Perfect Snogging

Hey cupcakes, happy Wednesday! I know what you are all probably thinking; why is she writing a post about a movie that came out years ago?!?! Well, I am obviously at school and haven't been able to see any recent movies, BUT my friends and I have a weekly movie night to destress.... I mentioned how I had never seen this film, and they practically forced me to watch it because NETFLIX. So, I thought I would do a "throwback" movie review for you all today! ;)

Release date: 2008

Rating: PG - 13
Image result for angus thongs and perfect snogging

First of all, can we talk about how the opening scene is literal gold?!?

Image result for angus thongs and perfect snogging olive gif

I could not stop laughing when the main character, Georgia, dressed as an OLIVE for Halloween and then proceeded to run back home when everyone made fun of literally the most creative costume ever! Haha - it was a great way to start off the movie!!! :P

I personally think this movie was a very "real" chick flick. Georgia is honestly so relatable to anyone who had a rough time during puberty in middle school (which who hasn't!?). Most chick flicks focus on the typical "outsider" who is always drop dead gorgeous or smart or whatever (so clearly they are going to have a happy ending regardless!)...... In this movie, Georgia's life and romance was a roller coaster of emotions, comedy, and real-ness that made me fall in love with the film instantly. I think it is the perfect movie to show pre-teens and teenagers how imperfect all humans actually are! <3

If you haven't seen this really great Nickelodeon movie, I highly suggest it!!!!!! :D (Bonus: the male actors are pretty dang cute!)
Image result for angus thongs and perfect snogging gif

What is your favorite "throwback" movie? Comment below and don't forget to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...