1. Painted canvas - I have talked about canvas paintings multiple times on The Chic Cupcake (see the basic tutorial or the melted crayon canvas), and I still think they are amazing room decor items! These can be made from scratch (starting with a totally blank canvas), or you can totally buy canvases that just need to be painted! Perfect for a unique decor item!
2. Letters - At any craft store you can find wooden/canvas letters that can be decorated. I have collaged a few of them, painted some, etc. The ideas are endless! :D
3. Light switch covers - In a really simple way to decorate a room, unscrew the light switch covers and tape on washi tape, paint them, etc. So cute!
4. Photo line - If you want to add some pizazz to your room, hang some twine and/or Christmas lights and use clothespins to attach your fav photos!
5. BONUS: Clothespin Wreath - I wrote a post about this a while ago (read it HERE), and it is honestly my favorite room decor item! :D
6. EXTRA BONUS: Chia pet - Lol my parents bought me a Chia pet for Christmas, and it is actually a really great addition to my room (and planting seeds totally counts as a DIY right?!).