Monday, January 9, 2017

DIY: 4 Easy Room Decorations

Hey cupcakes! I haven't done a Do-it-Yourself post in quite some time, so I thought I would share some of my latest and greatest (easy) DIY room decor items. These vary in level of difficulty, but I think they are all pretty reasonable and don't take too much time. Let's get started! :)

1. Painted canvas - I have talked about canvas paintings multiple times on The Chic Cupcake (see the basic tutorial or the melted crayon canvas), and I still think they are amazing room decor items! These can be made from scratch (starting with a totally blank canvas), or you can totally buy canvases that just need to be painted! Perfect for a unique decor item!
Image result for paint the canvas target

2. Letters - At any craft store you can find wooden/canvas letters that can be decorated. I have collaged a few of them, painted some, etc. The ideas are endless! :D

Image result for collage wooden letter

3. Light switch covers - In a really simple way to decorate a room, unscrew the light switch covers and tape on washi tape, paint them, etc. So cute!

Image result for light switch cover diy

4. Photo line - If you want to add some pizazz to your room, hang some twine and/or Christmas lights and use clothespins to attach your fav photos!

Image result for clothespin photo display

5. BONUS: Clothespin Wreath - I wrote a post about this a while ago (read it HERE), and it is honestly my favorite room decor item! :D

Image result for decor clothespin wreath

6. EXTRA BONUS: Chia pet - Lol my parents bought me a Chia pet for Christmas, and it is actually a really great addition to my room (and planting seeds totally counts as a DIY right?!).

Image result for emoji chia pet

What is your favorite DIY room decor item??? Comment below and don't forget to follow me! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...