Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Recipe: Saltine Chocolate Bark

Hey cupcakes! I have been eating so many sweets these past few days (lol guilty as charged), so I thought I would share one of my family's favorite snacks over the holiday season: Saltine Chocolate Bark!
Saltine Cracker Toffee

This treat is so simple to make and is actually quite addicting to eat! I could eat a whole pan of these in one sitting if I wanted to :P

What You Need:
-40 saltine crackers
-1 cup (2 sticks) butter
-1 cup brown sugar
-Hershey chocolate bars
-Rectangular pan/cooking sheet (with edges!)

Steps:
1. Line the pan with aluminum foil and the saltine crackers. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

saltine crackers laid out

2. In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar together.
3. Let this mixture boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour the mixture over the crackers making sure they are all coated evenly.
5. Bake in the oven (425 degrees) for 4 - 5 minutes (until caramel mixture is bubbly).

Bubbly caramel out of the oven

6. Remove from oven and immediately place pieces of chocolate on top.
7. When chocolate begins to melt, use a metal spoon to spread it over the crackers evenly.
8. Chill the pan in the fridge or freezer!
9. When totally cool, break into smaller pieces and enjoy :D

What is your favorite holiday treat? Commet below and don't forget to follow! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...