Sunday, December 4, 2016

Movie Review: Moana

Release date: November 23rd, 2016

Rating: PG
Image result for moana

Hey cupcakes! I know I just did a movie review on the movie Arrival (check it out here!), but I recently saw Moana when I was home for Thanksgiving... and I just HAD to review it for you guys! 

Ever since they announced that Moana wouldn't be your typical Disney movie (with no romance involved!), I was so curious to see if it would be any good. I thought it was great! It wasn't my favorite Disney movie, but I thought it was really well done! I loved the new plot line and how friendship was the major focus of the film, and I thought there were also some great powerful feminist messages in the film as well. :)
Image result for moana gif
And look how cute baby Moana is!
Some of the songs were incredible (a few were a bit blah), and the animation was SO stunning! The ocean and water was flawless, and you could really tell that they spent a lot of time on special effects and making sure everything looked realistic (thank you Disney for the accurate female body presentation!!!!). I think this was definitely a win for Disney (all of the high ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb agree with me!), so I would recommend seeing this before it is out of theaters! <3

What did you think about Moana? Comment below and don't forget to follow me! :D

4 comments:

  1. I like the idea that friendship is the focus! I cannot wait to see this movie. I am such a Disney fanatic :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of it! :D

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen this yet, but it's on my wishlist so I'll definitely check it out soon. Hope I like it. I saw the trailer and characters are so cute (as in your gif right there)

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it whenever you watch it! :) <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...