Sunday, October 2, 2016

Recipe: Microwave Caramel Popcorn

Hey cupcakes! Are you hungry?! (Lol - I am always hungry!) Today I wanted to share an easy caramel popcorn recipe that only requires a microwave!

Image result for caramel popcorn

I found this lovely recipe on Your Cup of Cake, and I hope you try it out!

What You Need
-  2 microwave bags of popcorn (or 12 C popped popcorn from 1/2 unpopped kernels)
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C white Karo syrup
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt (omit if you used microwave popcorn!)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda

What To Do
1. Pop your bags of popcorn or unpopped kernels and place into a large bowl

2. Place brown sugar, Karo syrup, butter, and salt into a microwave safe bowl (make sure this bowl will allow the mixture to triple in size!!)

3. Microwave for 45 seconds, remove and stir.

Easy Caramel Corn in the Microwave! It's the soft kind, my favorite!

4. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, remove and stir.

5. Add vanilla extract and baking soda and stir until it stops fizzing.

6. Pour over popcorn and gently fold together until all the popcorn is coated!

Image result for caramel popcorn

7. Let cool in the bowl or on parchment paper. Ta-da a tasty treat!

What is your favorite type of popcorn? Comment below and don't forget to follow! :D
Image result for caramel popcorn

1 comment:

  1. This is such a neat idea! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...