Sunday, October 23, 2016

Book Review: The Time Traveler's Wife

Hey cupcakes! With school being so busy (HELP IT'S MIDTERMS), I thought I would do a short book review today! I read The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger like a month ago (when school wasn't super crazy like it is now)...

Front cover of book showing young girl from the waist down in knee socks and Mary Janes and empty brown Oxfords next to her on a picnic blanket.

Here's what I thought:

OMG this book was an emotional roller coaster! I'm usually the kind of reader who doesn't put a book down until I finish it, but I was stupid enough to start it after dinner so it took me two days to read the whole thing (there's about 540 pages). I think this book is really well written! The perspective changes take a little bit of getting used to (because the main character time travels and there is some overlap between times), but by the half way point it is super easy to follow along with the plot. I think it is so interesting that Audrey chose this way to write the story, but it honestly fits so well with the book! :D

Now this book will give you major feels. Like MAJOR major feels! The plot twist literally made my jaw drop, and I yelled out loud a couple of times.... It was really really good!
Image result for jaw drop gif
Me reading this book ;)
The characters are very well developed and super relatable, as well as giving humanistic characteristics to the negatives of time traveling and the positive/negative aspects of falling in love. While some scenes are not appropriate for children (ex. some sex scenes), I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a great read! :)

I know there is a movie based on this book, but I have heard bad things about it.

Image result for the time traveler's wife

SO, if you have seen the movie, read the book okay? I promise you will not be disappointed!!!!

What books have you been reading lately? Comment below and don't forget to follow! :D

1 comment:

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...