1. Before you even begin to pack, make a list! I suggest going on Pinterest and looking through the many college packing lists on there... You can also look at the post I wrote last year (HERE) for my go to college list!
|Many stores have lists too!|
3. If you plan on using storage containers in your dorm/apartment (and already have them), pack them with the things that you want to store while living at college! This allows for move-in ready storage that doesn't even need to be unpacked!
5. When you are packing your clothing, pack half (or even less than half) of your wardrobe! Trust me, you will be doing laundry more than you think and won't need to pack all of those clothes. As a bonus, you get to wear the clothes you leave when you come home for the weekend/vacation! :)
|Plus, your closet is going to be SMALL!|
6. Don't move-in at the same time as your roommate!!!! Figure out how you want to set up the room in advance so that you don't have to worry about two people moving in at once. Give them some space with their family too!
7. Search for deals when college shopping! Use coupons, discounts, whatever you can find to make your college shopping as cheap as possible! Your college stuff doesn't need to be super expensive or super high quality because it will most likely be ruined by the end of the year anyway... :P
9. Ship stuff right to your dorm/apartment! Instead of lugging your heavy textbooks all the way to college, have them shipped right to your dorm to eliminate some added weight in the car :)
HAVE A GREAT SCHOOL YEAR EVERYONE!
What are you college move-in tips? Comment below and don't forget to follow! :D