Saturday, August 6, 2016

DIY: How to Make Melted Crayon Art

Hey cupcakes! Today I felt like writing another "Do It Yourself" post, so I thought about what I have been crafting lately and figured I'd write a post about melted crayon art! I feel like melted crayon art has been going around the Internet for a while now, so here are my tips and tricks for getting the perfect crayon art every time! :D

30  Cool Melted Crayon Art Ideas, http://hative.com/cool-melted-crayon-art-ideas/,:
What You Need
-Crayons of any color you want (I suggest without the wrappers on)
-A canvas or piece of thick paper
-Strong glue (NOT HOT GLUE!)
-Pencils, markers, etc.
-Newspaper covered table
-A small book
-Hair dryer

Steps
1. Find a design on Pinterest or come up with your own! Decide where the crayons fit in to your art piece.
This is the first melted crayon art that has made me want to melt crayons. Love it!!!:
You can have all the crayons line the top of the canvas....
Dreamcatcher melted crayon art: 1) Sketch dreamcatcher onto foam board with pencil, then outline in sharpie 2) Peel crayons (optional), break in half, and use a hot glue gun to attach to board 3) Cover floor and wall with newspaper and lean board at an angle 4) Heat crayons with a blow dryer, pointing downward:
Or you can also have the crayons be a part of the art! 
Dancer Melted Crayon Art.:

2. Using a pencil, marker, or whatever you'd like, draw/paint/etc. your design onto the canvas.

3. When the background and design is finished, glue the crayons onto the canvas. Do NOT use hot glue because it will melt the crayon and not hold when the crayons are heated.

4. After everything is dry, put one edge of the canvas on the small book (on the newspaper covered table) so that it is on an incline.
You can also lean it against the wall if you want!
5. Put the hair dryer on a medium setting and melt the crayons! Getting the perfect driplets may take a few tries, so I would recommend practicing before you attempt to melt the crayons on your canvas.

6. After the crayons are melted, let them dry. Ta-da! You have perfect melted crayon art! :D


Have you ever made melted crayon art? Comment below and don't forget to follow! <3

5 comments:

  1. Wow - that is really nicely done :)

    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2016/08/a-week-of-friendship-my-bestie-lives.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these all over Pinterest for a time now! The Elsa and Ballerina ones look amazing.

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...