Sunday, June 19, 2016

One Can of Pumpkin, Two Recipes

Hey cupcakes! I was craving my fav cookies recently (Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies!), so I decided to buy a can of pumpkin puree.... I know, I know, pumpkin is totally a fall flavor, but I absolutely LOVE Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies ;)
With the one can of pumpkin, I could make two amazing treats:
1. 32 Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies
2. Pumpkin Smoothie

Here are the delicious recipes:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Find the original recipe here

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies III

Ingredients:
-1 cup of pumpkin puree
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 cup canola oil
-1 egg
-2 cups flour
-2 tsp. baking powder
-2 tsp. cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. milk
-1 tbsp vanilla extract
-2 cups of chocolate chips

Steps:
1. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, and egg.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda in the milk and add to the mixture.
3. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until fully combined. Add vanilla and chocolate chips.
4. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet (I could make 32 cookies with the batter). Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 10 minutes or until golden brown (mine took about 12-13 minutes).

Pumpkin Smoothie
Adapted from recipe here

Whip up one of these delicious Pumpkin Pie Smoothies for breakfast today! The perfect, healthy way to start your day (or recover after a workout)!

Ingredients:
-Rest of the pumpkin puree (about 1/2 cup)
-1 banana
-6 ice cubes
-5.3 oz of vanilla greek yogurt
-1 tsp honey
-1 Tbsp milk
-Pinch of nutmeg

Steps
1. In a blender, add all ingredients.
2. Pulse until smooth! :)
3. Pour into a glass and enjoy! The pumpkin is really subtle and leaves a really nice after taste. :) A perfect treat for breakfast!

What are your favorite pumpkin recipes? Comment below and don't forget to follow!

3 comments:

  1. The cookies and the smoothie sound wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMMMMMM...I LOVE these types of cookies!! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for Crafts, Recipes, and Tips and Tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...