Saturday, June 4, 2016

Movie Review: The Jungle Book

Release date: April 15th, 2016

Rating: PG

Hey cupcakes! I recently had to drive my sister to the theater, so I thought I would watch The Jungle Book while I was there. This movie got great reviews (a 91% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes), so I figured it must be good. 

Honestly, I didn't think it was the best. The little boy who played Mowgli was pretty cute but not the best actor, and I thought it was just pretty boring. Granted, the animation was gorgeous, but the plot was lacking. Also, Baloo just seemed so out of place because there aren't bears in jungles!!!!!!! The movie is pretty much the same story as the cartoon Jungle Book so if you like that movie you probably would like this one too. Overall, I didn't really like it but of course many people probably did... So, I recommend seeing it for yourself! :P 

What did you think about The Jungle Book? Comment below and don't forget to follow! :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice post

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you weren't impressed with it. I had very low expectations going in...but wound up really enjoying it. Visually, the movie was stellar.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the movie yet and I think I'll wait for it to hit the home screen...
    I believe it's a very hard task to transport a novel from the animation to the movie (realistic format). In these case I love the animated version...
    xoxo and thank for this review!
    P.s: I have a giveaway in my blog right now, you can check it and could win a gift card if you'd like, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...