Tuesday, May 17, 2016

My Easy Summer Makeup Routine

Hey cupcakes! I feel like I haven't done a makeup post in a long time, so I thought I would talk about my quick makeup routine that is perfect for the summer months! Let's get started!

Face
It can get super hot during the summer, so I prefer skipping foundation and only wearing BB cream and powder (or just powder!). For your face you only need three quick steps:
1. Concealer - Cover up any zits, undereye circles, etc.
Concealer palettes are my fav!
2. BB cream - You can totally skip this step if you want, but it will give you a flawless finish!
3. Powder - Powder will prevent any oil from building up on your face, so it is an essential for the summer!

Eyes
I love to put a lot of emphasis on my eyes during the summer because you can experiment with some creative and colorful looks during the warmer months.
1. Eyeliner - I suggest waterproof if you will be near any water!
2. Mascara - Again, I recommend waterproof! 
3. Colorful eyeshadow - If you aren't that skilled with blending or matching colors together, I recommend a custom palette where the colors are already matched! :) Go bold with colors during the summer!!!!!! I personally love to rock blues and greens! 
Lips
1. Lip balm -The sun is drying to skin and lips, so make sure to use lip balm! 
2. Lip stain - Lip stains are great for summer because the color will stay on your lips for the whole day and night! :)
I would stick to the light and bright colors! Avoid dark reds and other dark colors :)
After these steps, I leave everything else alone! I don't really do anything to my eyebrows during the hot months or do any contouring/blush/highlight. I think it is nice to let my face breath and focus most of the makeup on my eyes :)

What makeup do you wear during the summer months? Comment below and don't forget to follow! :) <3

4 comments:

  1. Love this! BB Cream is a must for the summer months. Much easier and more natural than a regular foundation.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your Summer Make-up routine :D
    Rae xoxo

    www.Raexoxo.com
    www.RaexoxoMonthly.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...