Monday, May 23, 2016

10 International Traveling Tips and Tricks :)

Hey cupcakes! When you are reading this, I will be half way across the world in a foreign country (guess which one in the comments and I'll do some posts about it when I get home)! :D Don't worry, I have scheduled posts to automatically publish so you won't even know I am gone. <3 Because I'm really excited to be traveling again, I decided to compile a list of my favorite (and most used) travel tips! Let's get started!

1. If you will be going into a new time zone, get a flight that is overnight so that you can sleep on the plane. Trust me, this helps your body adjust faster!

2. Plan out a schedule BEFORE you leave!!! This allows you to fit as much stuff as possible (or as much as you want!) into your trip :) Plus, it is wayyyy easier to plan things/purchase tickets in advance than trying to figure things out in a new place.


3. Do research! This will help you with your schedule and also to get used to the different cultures you might encounter during your trip :) I suggest online articles and travel books!

4. Make sure to pack clothes acceptable in the country you will be visiting! Also, knowing the weather is good too ;)

5. Pack LIGHT! Challenge yourself to bring only a purse and small suitcase! You can do it :P It will be way easier when you are there!!!!!

6. Look for places to stay other than hotels - rent an apartment, do Airbnb, etc. You'd be surprised at how similar the prices can be!

7. Don't wear makeup on the plane. Seriously, you don't need to break out the first day overseas!

8. Stay positive!!! This might sound silly, but traveling makes you tired, etc. so try your very hardest to be happy and positive so that you can make the most of your trip!!!!

9. Take advantage of public transportation at your destination! Buses, trains, subways, etc. are going to be pretty cheap and awesome to explore more! :)
10. Before you go, learn basic phrases (if the country's main language isn't English). You will usually be able to get by with English in most popular travel destinations, but knowing a few phrases is always good!

What are your favorite travel tips? Comment below and don't forget to follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...