Friday, April 29, 2016

Where Should You Work this Summer??

Hey cupcakes! The end of the school year is just around the corner, which means it is time to get that summer job! :) I personally had a hard time figuring out where I wanted to work over the summer, so I thought I would make a list of some of the basic jobs that high school and college students can get over the summer. Let's get started!
Go on, get that money! ;)
1. Babysitter/Child care - Babysitting for a family when the parents are working can be a full-time summer job if you find the right family! Ask around your town or check out Care.com to find people looking for a babysitter during the week. Even if you only get to work date nights or weekends, you can still get a lot of money from this!

2. Survey sites - If you don't want to get out of the house to work, spend many hours a day on survey sites! You won't make as much money compared to a real job, but you can still earn some spending money (check out my review on Opinion Outpost here and a list of my favorite sites here).


3. Fast food/waiter/waitress- Fast food restaurants are usually always hiring, so check out your favorite one! If fast food isn't your thing, check out sit down restaurants so that you can be a waiter, waitress, dish washer, etc.

4. Movie theater - Working at a movie theater could be so much fun (plus free popcorn!). I totally recommend working here!

5. Golf course - If you have a private golf course near you, you can totally earn bank on tips! Whether you work the golf carts or are a waitress at the bar, this would be a great job for the summer months!

6. Camp counselor - I will be working this summer as a camp counselor, and I am super excited! You can either work at a local camp put on by your church, Salvation Army, etc. OR you can go to sleep away camp just like you did as a little kid.

7. Internships - If you are a college student, I recommend searching for internships in companies within your field of study. Experience is amazing for your resume, so I would suggest at least considering this before you find a summer job!

8. Non-profit work/volunteering - If you work a job during the school year (like me), taking a much needed break over the summer is totally okay! To still build up that resume, I would suggest volunteering or doing some non-profit work to help your community, church, or people in need. :)
Can someone please just put this in their resume? :P
Where are you planning to work this summer? Comment below and don't forget to follow! :D <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...