Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Recipe: Roasted Garbonzo Beans!

Hey cupcakes! The other day, I found this recipe on Pinterest for Roasted Garbonzo Beans(aka chick peas), and it was super intriguing! I decided to try it (and change it a little bit), and they were super duper delicious and the perfect healthy snack! Let's get started!


What You Need:
-2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-seasonings of your choice (the recipe on the website here gave four different flavor suggestions, but I used a few teaspoons of salt)

Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare the beans for roasting by draining and rinsing them, then letting them dry.
3. Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until the beans are crunchy throughout (to test if crunchy, take one out ~let it cool for a few seconds~ then eat!).
5. While beans are still hot, toss with olive oil and seasonings (salt in this doctored recipe). 
6. I stuck mine back in the oven for a minute or so more to get crisp.
7. Serve hot or at room temperature! (They are best the first day, but last for up to 4 days)

I thought this snack was super good and a great alternative for unhealthy chips! I really recommend them! You can also try the flavor combos on the original site (here) if you are feeling daring! :)


What did you think about this healthy snack? Comment below and don't forget to follow! <3

6 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! I am terrible for snacking so healthy options are always welcome! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you try it, they are super good!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I totally recommend trying them :)

      Delete
  3. I have not tried this yet, but it sounds so good and healthy. :)
    TFS this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea!

    I would love for you to share this with my Recipes, Crafts, Tips and Tricks Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...