Saturday, April 23, 2016

DIY: How to Use Watercolor Pencils

Hey cupcakes! I haven't done a DIY post in quite some time.... I have recently been LOVING using watercolor pencils to do some stress relieving art during finals, so I thought I would share with you all how to work with this art medium! Let's get started! :D

What: Watercolor pencils! These are watercolors in pencil form! You can get them in cheap brands (like the good old Crayola ones I use) to expensive, high quality ones. Depending on your skill and what you plan on using them for, I suggest starting cheap and then making your way up :)
This is the pack I own, and they work amazing! :)
What to Use For: Use them instead of messy watercolors for any art project! <3 They are portable and super easy to master!

How to Use Them: There are three ways to use watercolor pencils:

1. Use like normal colored pencils and then go over it with water!

2. Wet the tip and draw with it wet (this creates really vibrant colors)!

3. Wet the paper and then draw on it with the pencils. This creates a great spreading effect.


My Tips: I personally think Method 1 works the best... I love to draw a picture in pencil, outline it in pen, then color it with the pencils. Using the water blends everything together and allows you to really do some nice shading! The finished product looks like you used regular watercolors too :) I suggest starting with some fun tutorials on Pinterest and then moving your way up to more unique and creative artwork!

Some inspiration to get you started on your own DIY project:




Do you think you will try watercolor pencils? Comment below and don't forget to follow! :D <3

4 comments:

  1. That looks really cool! Watercolour is so "in" now!

    XO, Maggie | http://www.BeautyPhD.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally LOVE watercolors right now as well as my Prsimacolor colored pencils!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...