Tuesday, January 12, 2016

How to Style a Kimono

Hey cupcakes! I have been seeing kimonos at a ton of stores the past few months, and I finally bought one at Kohl's with some Christmas money :) I feel like kimonos can be a bit tricky to style, so I wanted to create some looks with them! Enjoy!
Outfit 1 - For a casual look, wear your favorite pair of jeans and a black tank top. Your kimono will make the outfit look super cute and stylish! 

Outfit 2 - Use the kimono as a statement piece with a simple LBD (or any solid color dress!)... So chic!

Outfit 3 - Match the kimono with a neutral top and some brightly colored pants or leggings that compliment a color in the kimono... Looks so high fashion!

Outfit 4 - Use a solid color kimono to take the place of a cardigan when you are wearing a printed dress. This emoji dress is super awesome!

How do you style kimonos? Comment below and don't forget to follow! :)

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! How do you style yours?

      Delete
  2. These are fabulous ideas! Usually when I wear my kimono I style it like the first look....this has inspired me to do something different as well :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally wear the first look too :) I think it is super chic!

      Delete
  3. If I had a kimono, I would probably wear it as outfit 1. It's simple but great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post

    Love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...