Monday, January 18, 2016

DIY: Mod Podge Dimensional Magic Necklace

Hey cupcakes! Today I have a super easy (and amazingly cute) DIY for you all! :) My RAs had a craft night on my floor a few months ago and this is the craft that they did... It was quick, simple, and the girls on my floor actually wear the necklaces often because they are just so chic! This type of necklace is the easier way to make something similar to a resin necklace (read how to do that here: LINK). Let's get started!

What You Will Need
- A necklace chain (any one will do!)
- A blank pendant/bezel/bottle cap (these are empty pendants that have edges)
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Regular Mod Podge or some type of glue
- A picture, magazine clipping, or some other type of image

Steps
1. Cut out/print an image that will fit into the blank pendant. You can even draw your own picture if you like (don't use markers though or they will bleed)! I personally loved finding cute pictures from Seventeen magazine when I was making mine. :)

2. Lay the picture into the pendant and either glue in place or Mod Podge over it. This will keep it in the right position.

3. Drip the Mod Podge Dimensional Magic over the image so that it covers the entire thing. DON'T WORRY; this will be cloudy right now but will dry clear!
After it dries (left) vs. before (right)!
4. Let it dry for 24 hours!

5. String the pendant onto any necklace chain and ta da! You now have a super personalized piece of jewelry!
Book quotes are amazing for this DIY!
I hope you enjoy this easy DIY project :D What necklaces did you make?? Comment below and don't forget to follow!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That turned out so beautifully. I love love love it.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I wouldn't have thought something like that would be so simple to make, thanks for writing this!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, you should totally make some!

      Delete
  3. This looks great!!

    honeysroyaltybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...