Friday, November 20, 2015

My Experience: Henna Tattoos!

Hey cupcakes! Today I will be doing a post all about henna tattoos! Recently, my dorm threw a celebration for the fesitval of Diwali and there was henna paste for tattoos! I have never done henna before, so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to try it out :)
For those of you who might not know how henna works, it is basically a temporary tattoo that is created through a henna paste. First, I picked out my design and showed it to the girl who was doing the tattoo.
The design I used! 
She used this little tube thing of dark brown henna paste and drew the design on the back of my hand.
The paste makes your hand really cold! :P Haha - after the design is finished, you have to leave the paste on for a LONG TIME! The girl doing it said she recommends sleeping with the paste on, but I only could leave it for three hours since it wasn't close to bed time :P While the paste is drying on your hand it will feel a little strange, but I did some homework and watched a movie with some friends.... That totally passed the time! After the desired length of time, all you have to do is scrape off the paste, and you will be left with your henna tattoo! :D
Before and after of a henna tattoo (see how it changes colors!)
Mine turned out a really nice shade of deep orange, but the longer you leave the paste on the darker the tattoo will turn out (and the longer it will last!). To make it last even longer, I would cover the tattoo with a layer of Vaseline before you shower! :)
Overall, I think henna looks amazing! I would totally recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried it before! Just look at the gorgeous things you can do with it:
AMAZING
What are your thoughts about henna? Comment below and don't forget to follow!

4 comments:

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...