Sunday, October 25, 2015

Some College Misconceptions...

Hey cupcakes! I have been in college for about two months now (WHOA), and I wanted to make a post about some common college misconceptions. These are things that many people think happen at college when really they may not!

1. You won't have to stay up super late every night - I feel like a lot of movies show college students as never getting enough sleep. If you manage your time well between homework, studying, etc, you will get plenty of sleep most nights!

2. You don't have to drink if you don't want to - So many people think that you must drink when you're at college... There are sooooo many other ways to have fun, so if you don't want to drink, DON'T!
3. Frat parties aren't the only fun things on campus - I haven't been to a single frat party yet. There are wayyyyyy too many fun, free, and sober events on Fridays and Saturdays that I haven't needed to go to one. So if that isn't your kind of fun, there will plenty of things you can do still!!!

4. Not everyone parties - Like I said above, I know a ton of people who like to go to the same events as me (which just so happen to not be parties). Of course there will always be the people who like to party, but that isn't the whole population. You will totally find the niche where you belong!
5. Not everyone is having sex - Of course there are some people who are, but there are a LOT of people who aren't. Again, don't feel pressured to do something you don't want to do!

I hope these common misconceptions helped some of you guys who will be heading off to college soon! If you would like me to do more posts on college related topics, comment below!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a marvelous day everyone! <3 :D

2 comments:

  1. SO true. I think more people need to realize that college life is so not like the movies. Most of the students in my program did not drink or party often (if at all) .....and I got plenty of sleep during my four years. Even with a lengthy commute each day. It is all about planning and prioritizing. Great post!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree with my misconceptions! I totally agree that it is about planning and prioritizing :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...