Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Experience: Kurios Cirque du Soleil

Hey cupcakes! Today I will be doing another experience post! :) This summer, I went to see Cirque du Soleil in Chicago! The performance was Kurios Cabinet Des Curiosites...... IT WAS AMAZING!
Now, I have been to two other Cirque du Soleil performances, and I have loved the experience every time! The show is in a tent (which makes it so so sooo much awesomer!), and this one was set up in the parking lot of the United Center. An adult ticket was $89 (I don't know if all the show pricing are the same), but it was totally worth the price! You also have to pay for parking, but the walk to the tent was literally less than 100 meters, so it was definitely worth it. :) To get into the show, you walk through a cool gate
and then get your ticket scanned! You then enter a large tent with food, drinks, souvenirs, etc. There are also bathrooms that are in trailers which is really sweet! I love the whole circus feel to it all <3
When you go to the inner tent to get to your seats, it looks like you went into an actual theater! The seats are quite comfortable! When the clock turned to 11:11 on the stage, Kurios began! :D
The awesome stage! :D
I personally loved this show! It was steam punk themed (which I did not know until I got there) and that in itself made the show awesome!
The costumes, makeup, and lights are all outstanding... The performance itself is mind blowing but those added features really make this show amazing! Many people think it is just a circus but IT IS NOT! There are no animals, or clowns, or silly things you would see at a regular circus. I don't want to ruin any of the acts but there are acrobats, trampolines, chair balancing, contortionists, comedians, and so many other great things! They take blah circus and make it a million times more stunt worthy and awesome! My favorite was the chair balancing act because the guy did some amazing stuff in freakin' khaki pants! :O
The show was 2 hours and 10 minutes long (with a 25 minute intermission), and not a single act was bad! :) I really recommend going to see Kurios (or any Cirque du Soleil performance!)!!!!! It was a great evening, and I hope to see another soon!

Have you been to a Cirque du Soleil show? Comment below and don't forget to follow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...