1. Long distance relationships suck - This might seem harsh, but it is true. The result at the end is worth it though, so even though it is difficult, it is 150% worth it!!!! <3
2. Call and Skype! - Even if you text or have to deal with a time difference, make sure you find some time to call and Skype. It is so nice to hear your significant others voice and to see their face after a stressful day at school!
4. Plan visits - Nothing is better than seeing your boyfriend (or girlfriend) after not seeing them for days/weeks/etc!!!!!!! The feeling is amazing and is totally worth the wait :) <3
5. You will miss them ALL THE TIME - You just have to get used to the fact that they aren't there and that you will miss them every second of every day.... :/
7. If you don't think it is worth it, it probably isn't - For me and my boyfriend, it is totally worth it. <3 But I know some people who realized they just weren't right for each other. This is ok!! There are plenty of other fish in the sea :) Don't feel like you have to be stuck in a LDR if you don't want to be!
8. Talk about missing each other and your feelings - It actually makes me feel better if my boyfriend and I talk about how sad/frustrated we are with the LDR. It helps us stay on the same page and makes it easier to cheer each other up. <3
9. Stay positive! - This is super important! If you don't believe you can survive the distance, you probably won't be able to... Stay positive and make the most out of a horrible situation!!!!!!!! <3
10. Believe in your relationship - Many people have the belief that LDRs never work out so make sure you don't start to believe that notion too! It IS possible to make a long distance relationship work! :)
12. Write letters! - I will tell you for a fact that nothing is better than getting a surprise letter in the mail! Even if you don't send care packages or gifts, a letter is so heartfelt and adorable!
14. Cry - If you miss them, it is totally okay to cry. Crying will actually make you feel better because it is a good way to release all of those emotions inside of you!
15. When you come home, make sure to spend time with your significant other AND your family - Even though it might seem important to see your boyfriend/girlfriend as much as you can, your family hasn't seen you in awhile either! Make sure to visit them both equally so everyone is happy <3
I hope these tips were helpful! If I think of more, I might do a follow up post later on! :D If you are going through/have gone through a long distance relationship, what tips do you have? Comment below and don't forget to follow!