Thursday, September 3, 2015

Tips To Succeed in College

Hey cupcakes! Tomorrow is the big day: MOVE IN DAY! I am beyond excited to go off to college, but it is also bittersweet. However, I can't wait to begin this next section in my life :) In honor of this monumental event, I wanted to make a post on advice I have received that will help me, and many others, succeed in college. Enjoy!

  1. Stay organized!
  2. Use every resource available on campus
  3. Join some clubs :)
  4. Try new things!
  5. Do NOT over pack (haha I'm pretty sure I failed this one :P)
  6. Follow the rules - they are there for a reason
  7. Take advantage of internships and on campus jobs!
  8. Use your student ID everywhere (save money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  9. Meet people in your dorm, every class and pretty much everywhere else you go ;)
  10. Stay true to yourself <3
  11. Don't give in to peer pressure (if you don't want to drink, don't!)
  12. Work HARD (especially in the beginning when classes are easier) and STUDY
  1. Go to every home football game
  2. For the first few days, leave your dorm room door open
  3. Explore the WHOLE campus (find some awesome places!)
  4. Take advantage of free events & free foodddddd
  1. Get creative :)
  2. Avoid the Freshmen 15 :P
  3. Stay active and workout!
  4. Stick to a budget, so you can save some money
  5. Don't overdo the caffeine! 
  6. Get to know your professors.... Go to office hours!
  7. Perfect your resume :)
  8. Go to career fairs
  9. Last but not least, HAVE FUN!
I hope these tips are helpful to some people other than myself ;) What advice do you have for someone going off to college? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!!! I love to hear what you have to say! Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...