Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My Experience: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Hey cupcakes! As many of you guys know, I took a trip to Florida last month. I went to Disney World (of course!) and also both parks in Universal! I was fortunate enough to be able to go to both halves of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.... So I thought I would review my experience with you guys! :) I hope you enjoy!!!!!

Alright, so the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is split up into two parts: Hogwarts (and Hogsmeade) and Diagon Alley (the newer half!). The Hogwarts portion is located in the Islands of Adventure side of Universal, and Diagon Alley is located in the Universal Studios side.
See Harry Potter on the top!!!
Diagon Alley is located on the top right!
 There is the Hogwarts Express that takes you back and forth between each land... However, you either have to buy a park hopper pass or a two day pass to be able to go to both parks. I thought this was unfortunate because the tickets are pretty pricey. Some people might have to choose between the sides which I think would suck! To do this review, I will be splitting the whole Harry Potter section into three parts:

Hogwarts and Hogsmeade
This was the first section I went to, and I was thoroughly amazed! It looks like you literally jumped into the movies! It was so awesome!!!!!!!!!!! The castle of Hogwarts was so big and cool :D
You can go into the castle too and see some really cool parts of the movie (such as the greenhouse, the house points, Dumbledore's office, the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, the Fat Lady, etc.) if you wait in line for the Forbidden Journey ride... I went on the ride once, and I honestly didn't really like it. You are strapped into a chair (kind of like Soarin' in Epcot) and a whole bunch of screens and props take you on a pretty scary adventure. I would NOT recommend it for children. The screens made me pretty nauseous and you are taken upside down at one point...
The ride chairs!
However, you can still tour the castle and then skip the ride (which I did for my second time!) because the inside of the castle is a must see! Make sure you take your phone with you when you have to put your belongings into a locker because you will still want to take pictures!!!! The other ride in this section is the Flight of the Hippogriff ride which is a really easy roller coaster... I really loved it because it is perfect for kids! :)
There are NO drops on this ride! 
There is also a small stage located by the castle, and I was lucky enough to see the Toad Choir sing - that was pretty neat! The mechanical toads carried their own bass line! :P
Besides Hogwarts, the town of Hogsmeade is very cute! The stores are a bit small, but they are all exactly like the movie! Make sure you get some Butterbeer (at the Hog's Head!) and Pumpkin Juice too because they are both extremely tasty! :) Also, Moaning Myrtle talks in the bathrooms which I thought was a nice touch :P
Imagine these streets packed with hundreds of people!
The Hogwarts Express
First of all, the stations on both sides are really realistic and cool! The one on the Hogwarts side looks exactly like the movie, and the one on Diagon Alley side (which is located in London) looks exactly like a train station in London! :) The Hogwarts Express, again, was really realistic, and the compartments you sit in are literally identical to the films... Pretty neat! The windows are actually screens (because the tracks run through a back parking lot), and they have a nice little fake scenery movie playing on your voyage... Even though the voice of Hermione Granger was off a bit, it was very well done!

Diagon Alley
The main attraction in Diagon Alley is the Gringotts Bank ride.
This is what these chairs look like!
Again, you have to go through the bank in order to get to the ride. It was super awesome! The goblins look up at you and everything! Sadly, I did not ride this ride (because you can walk through and not ride like the Forbidden Journey!) because I didn't want to get nauseous. Again, make sure you take your phone and don't put it in a locker!
The rest of Diagon Alley was really great too! Exactly like the movie and really cool! There are also some shows in Diagon Alley, and the Celestina Warbeck show was really good :) As well as Diagon Alley there is Knockturn Alley, the Knight Bus, the house at 12 Grimmauld Place, and a red telephone booth!
Keep an eye out for the dragon to breath fire! Really cool!
Overall, the whole Harry Potter section was really awesome! It is a must see for all Potterheads around the world! <3 That being said, it is REALLY busy! I recommend getting there as soon as the park opens, so you can rush to the Harry Potter section. Or, you can stay until the park closes! I went early, did the rest of the park that wasn't Harry Potter during the day, and went back to Harry Potter at night. It worked out perfectly! :D If you go in the middle of the afternoon the waits are just terrible and there are TONS of people crowded in... It would totally take the fun out of the experience. Because the Harry Potter sections are also so popular, be prepared to pay a hefty sum if you want a souvenir.... Yikes!

I really recommend going to both halves of the Harry Potter world; it is a once in a lifetime experience!

What would you love to see in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter???? Comment below and don't hesitate to ask other questions about my experience :) I would love to help you out if you are planning to go!

Don't forget to follow me! :D <3 <3  Have a great day!


6 comments:

  1. SO sooooo cool!!!! I would love to go there some day.

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Hogwarts and Hogsmede but have not gotten around to Diagonal Alley yet. My daughter requested that for her 9th birthday next year. <3 Great review and hope you loved FL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did love it! I hope you get to experience Diagon Alley :)

      Delete
  3. I have been to Universal Studios when I was younger but have never had the chance to go to Harry Potter World. Being from Northern Ireland it is pretty expensive to go back but i'm hoping I can someday soon :) Your pictures make it look amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you get to see it at some point! :) Thanks so much!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...