Friday, May 22, 2015

Review: Using Honey To Cure Zits

Hey cupcakes! Today I will be discussing a natural and easy way to combat those nasty pimples! I have heard many people say that using honey can cure a zit, and I figured I would give it a go. I get hormonal breakouts during that time of the month, and these pimples are normally large and hard to cover up with concealer. My face routine prevents me from getting other zits, but my hormones just aren't on my side sometimes. As soon as I felt a zit coming, I spread a thin layer of honey on the spot, covered it with a bandaid (or medical tape), and slept with that on overnight. Here is what I found:

-The red bump was still there but it had not gotten any larger (so it was easy to conceal)
-There was no puss, blood, etc. in the zit
-The skin around it was not bothered by the honey
-After repeating the honey application for the next two nights, the zit was gone!!! 


I was sooooo excited!!!!! So far I have prevented two nasty zits from forming using this method! Normally I would have to cover them up with heavy concealer for weeks, but this method only required three short days of a tiny amount of concealer! I would definitely give this a go if you have a few stubborn zits every once in awhile! 

What are your natural ways to combat pimples? Comment below and follow!!!!! <3

10 comments:

  1. I get the same problem around that time of the month. There's nothing I can do to prevent it; I can only try to fix it once I feel a breakout coming on. I've used pure honey before but never as a spot treatment; I'll definitely be giving it a try! Right now I spot treat those horrible spots with a clay mask and it does justice but I'm always looking for better! Great post xx

    HauteDare.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought to try this! Thank you so much for sharing.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I'm glad I gave it a go :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I don't like the feel of honey but covering it with a bandaid is a nice tip! I would have never thought of that~
    Right now I'm using tea tree oil as a spot treatment~ it's not really a miracle product for me but i'll keep using it anyway since it's not harming my face either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard tea tree oil is awesome too!

      Delete
  4. Nice post, I've never tried honey for pimples.

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog & I'd love to follow each other. I'm now following you through GFC, follow back pls? :)

    Take care dear,
    http://confessionsofamake-upshopaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the follow! I will follow you back right now!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...