Thursday, May 28, 2015

DIY No Sew Tie Shirt

Hey cupcakes! Today I will be showing you how I made a super adorable tie shirt out of an old t-shirt I had in my closet :) Shirts that tie in the front have been in style for a while now, and I always though it would be super easy to make one... and I was right! This took me a total of about 15 minutes!!!

What you Need:
-Old t-shirt
-Pair of scissors

Steps:
1. Lay out the shirt on a flat surface and figure out how much you would like to cut off the bottom (make sure you don't cut off too much because mine is a little too short!)

2. Cut up the sides to the place where you would like the bottom hem to be.

3. Cut out the BACK rectangle (make sure you leave the front!!!!!!!)

4. Fold the shirt in half and cut up the middle of the front rectangle

5. Cut out two triangle shapes!
6. Tie and you are done!!!!

7. You can leave the shirt as is or cut off the sleeves or, if the shirt is a plain color, tie dye it like I did!!!! :)

(All photo credits go to here!)

How would you rock this shirt this summer???? Comment below and follow!!!!!! <3 :D

7 comments:

  1. Great DIY kiss

    http://denimakeup95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Thanks for checking out my blog! I'm following you here:) I may try this for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenna, this is a great way to dress up a t-shirt! Thanks for sharing at Cooking & Crafting with J & J. We hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a neat idea! :)

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on The Chic Cupcake! I love to hear what you have to say. Follow me, and I will follow you back! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...